Yummy New Halloween Countdown Blocks


Howdy everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend and maybe pigged out on some yummy fried foods :)


Today I wanted to show the new countdown blocks I made with some yummy new Halloween paper from Echo Park. I LOVE this collection with all the orange and black & white!! It's great! Plus, we are making these as part of Super Saturday this year and it'll be great!


Anywhoo, I made this set awhile back, but didn't show a whole tute.....so here goes with pics and all!!


Sooooooooo, start off with 2 blocks 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" (get a 4 x 4 and cut it down.....they are really 3 1/2 x 3 1/2, don't ask me why......but that's the way it is :) You also need a 1" thick piece cut 8" x 3 1/2" for the base.
Now, paint these puppies black.



Annnnnnnnd while they dry, cut out 12 squares of paper 3" x 3". Don't forget to cut a small strip for the front of the base. Of COURSE I used Apothecary collection from Echo Park and the papers are double-sided, so that means you have double the choices!!


Mod Podge the paper onto your blocks and a little strip onto the front of the base.

Then, while you let that dry, cut out your numbers (and "countdown") using your die cut machine OR you can just print them out onto the back of your paper in reverse and then cut them out by hand.


You will need: 0,0,1,1,2,2,3,4,5,6,7, & 8 (make sure the #6 can double as #9 if it's turned upside-down)

Then, glue on your numbers and the word "countdown". On the first block put: 0,1,2,3,4, & 5 On the second block put: 6 (will also double as 9), 7,8,0,1,2



After those are dry, you can seal with a few coats of Mod Podge or a finishing spray. And....



Yay! How ca~ute are these new ones!?!?!? 


LOVE IT!!!!

Anyhoo, I'm also putting these kits in my Etsy shop in case you don't have time to gather all the materials yourself (busy time of year and all).


Stay tuned.....I have a lesson to teach you all that I learned from my daughter about sharing in kindergarten......


Have fun!

No comments: