Wee Wonderfuls Mermaiden Doll

A (long) while back, I received a copy of the book, Wee Wonderfuls, 24 Dolls to Sew and Love.  It is a very charming book - I immediately bookmarked a bunch of projects.  Somehow, they got knocked down the to-do list, but with many toddler birthday parties in the coming months, I pulled the book out again.

Last night I made the Mermaiden Doll.  Hello, beautiful!

It is a small-sized doll, only about 7 inches tall, perfect for little girls who like to take things on the go.  All of the stitching details add a lot of personality.

If you are planning to make dolls for holiday gifts, this book is a great place to start.  I love how diverse each of the projects is.  There really is something for everyone (even little boys!).

Up next on my dolls to make list are the Hansel and Gretel wooden spoon puppets, doxie necklace, and Little Miss Storybook (pictured below, left to right).

This little mermaid was hard to say goodbye to, but she'll be in good hands.  The birthday girl has such a love of swimming, she is practically a fish.  I'm sure these two will get along nicely.

Have you started thinking about handmade holiday gifts?  What is on your to-do list?Thanks for subscribing!Wee Wonderfuls Mermaiden Doll

No comments: