the showoff and the mini showoff

I love a happy sewing accident.  When I was first printing Made by Rae's Showoff Bag pattern, I mistakenly had my printer set to multiple pages per sheet, printing the pages at about 50% size (doh!).  Before I could get too upset, I noticed how ridiculously cute the tiny pattern pieces were ... and thus, the desire to make a tiny Showoff Bag was born.

Normally I wouldn't want to be so matchy-matchy with Ruby, but I had serious bag envy.  I mean, how great is this fabric?  It is called Modern Meadow Herringbone in Pond (by Joel Dewberry).  Love it.


A few changes I made to the pattern:  piping between the top and bottom fabrics, a magnetic closure, and two jumbo-sized box pleated pockets, perfect for hauling diapers around.  I was so excited to have a purse that wasn't a diaper bag, and what did I do?  Pile it high with diapers and kid stuff.  I wish I could pack as light as Ruby.

Thanks for subscribing!the showoff and the mini showoff

No comments: