an even easier diaper wipes case

There is no fooling you guys - most of you were spot on with your guesses about Ruby's costume in the last post.   I'll wait until I've actually sewn something wearable before I make a reveal though Snow White or Wonder Woman?  I'm sure you'll lose sleep over the anticipation.  :)

This week I made a diaper wipes case for a friend's baby shower,  but I wasn't in the mood for hot-gluing (every once and a while I like to save my fingertips).

Instead, I got out my vinyl and cut an all-over pattern using my Silhouette machine.    The front had the pattern only, fudged slightly on that center flap.

The back has the same pattern repeated, and the mommy-to-be's last name in the center.  I doubt she'll ever grab the wrong case at the playground now.

You don't need a Silhouette to make one of these (although that certainly makes the process quicker and more precise).   Vinyl can always be cut by hand, and I think even Contact Paper would work well.  I recommend using a premium or outdoor vinyl if you can get your hands on it, since the adhesive is stronger and hold up to more abuse.

I saved my template pieces for the front and back of the case, so let me know if you'd like me to post them!
UPDATE:  You can find the wipes case template posted HERE. Thanks for subscribing!an even easier diaper wipes case

No comments: