hot chocolate syrup or wine bottle scarf pattern {easy christmas neighbor gift}

This year some of my friends got a bottle of peppermint hot chocolate syrup/flavoring with my famous homemade marshmallows. To dress up the bottle a little, I crocheted a tiny scarf to tie around the neck of the bottle. They only took 2 minutes to make and they looked adorable! This would make a great hostess gift, too. I found the syrup at my local restaurant supply store (Cash & Carry for all your Seattleites). They have about a million flavors!


Hot Chocolate Flavoring Syurp OR Wine Bottle Scarf Pattern

Size H hook
Worsted weight yarn

Ch 50. Hdc in 2nd ch from hk and in each ch across. Ch 2, turn. Hdc in each st across. Fasten off and weave in ends.

That's it!

To go with the syrup I gave a cute plate filled with homemade marshmallows. Now I have to brag. Can you believe I found these beautiful plates for only $1 each?! I went to the Rosanna warehouse sale in Seattle and scored. I love that they are not specifically Christmas-themed and can be used all year. Quite a steal.



Here they are all wrapped up.


I was able to make the tags quickly in Photoshop using Cosmo Cricket's Jolly By Golly Elements digital tag set from Jessica Sprague's store (which is all 20% off right now, by the way!). I used the "replace color" feature in Photoshop to match the color of the tag with the plate. I know, I'm a little over the top. But it really was quick and easy!



The tag reads: May the spirit of the season (and a little hot chocolate!) warm your heart this Christmas.

So glad to have my gifts all done and out the door! Now I can relax!





No comments: