french dresses paper garland




The lovely recipient of the butterfly quilt lives in one of the most beautiful cities in the world-Paris. So, I thought it would be fun to also make her a garland that she can use to announce to her friends and neighbors that the baby is here. A real fun "It's a Girl!" announcement--in a sophisticated French style. Here's what I came up with--beautiful French dresses on a satin ribbon. This simple garland would look perfect hanging on a chic Parisian door. (Well, at least I think so.)



I just used some white chipboard that came as packing material in a box. I hand sketched the dresses and then cut them out. I then traced the chipboard dresses onto coordinating cardstock. After the dresses where all cut out and ready; I embellished with ribbon, buttons, and my sewing machine.



This garland was so fun to make and I was able to do it in one evening. I love how they turned out and I think I am going to have to make about 50 more. Ooh la la!

No comments: